Sunday, September 11, 2011

The rest of our vacation

I am still trying to finish off our Summer Vacation series. So here it goes.  After leaving Vegas we headed down to California to spend time with my family.  When we first got there we got out of our car and then pretty much got right back in the car.  We decided to have dinner as a family where Jaron proposed. So that is what we did. We ordered Stonefire Grill and headed to Malibu.  The weather was so nice and the beach was empty so we had it all to ourselves.  We ate dinner then began to play and enjoy each others company. 




The next day we just relaxed and caught up on our sleep.  It was definitely needed after spending time in the heat and driving for what seemed like forever. We spent the day with Haylie and just catching up since she was starting school in a few days.  On Friday night we had the opportunity to go to the Food Trucks. I can speak for the both of us it was one of the coolest things we have done together. I have been to food trucks before but it was so nice to only drive five minutes and be there.  Right by my High School a parade of them come and line the street on both sides.  The best part is its not normal burgers and fries, there is a huge variety of items you can choose from.  We were lucky and went to four different trucks…and went to one of them twice.  When we first got there we were so overwhelmed with all of the options that were presented in front of us.  We walked for a while and then finally came across one we decided to eat. The first thing we tried was tempura shrimp and vegetables.  Neither of us had had tempura vegetables before but they were to die for.  Our next stop was Tornado Potato, strange name I know. This place had potatoes cut in spirals.  They had so many to choose from but the one Jaron wanted was a hot dog with a potato spiral around it covered in chilly and nacho cheese. It was delicious. 
Our third stop was a taco bus.  We knew we couldn’t go wrong with the tacos and decided to get some.  They were by far the best tacos I had ever had.  Jaron might disagree because he put hot sauce on his.  The tacos were already spicy and didn’t need anything but Jaron decided to put A LOT on…big mistake.




After eating our delicious tacos we went back to the place where we got the tempura vegetables and got tempura dipped bacon wrapped steak.   Its obvious who was picking most of the food selections right? I think Jaron reminded me twice that night that it is a good thing our stomachs don’t have taste buds and oh is he right.  While we were eating our bacon wrapped steak we also got a delicious sandwich.  Overall it was a great night.  We had a blast with my parents and we were all full. We all shared these crazy inventions of food and had an amazing night of trying new and unique creations.

Saturday my family headed out to the Camarillo Outlets.  We figured we would stop there and do some shopping before going to Carpentaria Beach.  It was definitely a successful day of shopping.  Jaron had been looking for a new pair of Pumas and he found a pair he loved.  I got a new coat! We decided when we have kids we are only shoppin there for their winter coats.  Such great deals and great find. Once we were done shopping we headed down to the beach.  Instead of driving all the way down to Carpentaria we stopped at a beach in Oxnard. It was such a beautiful day and we enjoyed lounging on the sand.  Jaron is the only one who put his swimsuit on and he didn’t even go in the water. It was too stinking cold.  Since we couldn’t go in the water we decided to dig a huge hole.  Well, one thing lead to another and the next thing you know people were being buried.  I was lucky enough to get away quickly and left Jaron and Haylie to burry each other while in the same hole.  After burying each other for half an hour they decided they were done and ready to get out.  Watching them struggle to do that was pretty fun and made for a good show.   When they were finally free we decided it was getting too cold and decided to head home for a relaxing evening together.


Monday we headed down to the beach for our first time since we were in Mexico. It was definitely past due.  We met up with Jarons old roommate Dan who provided us some laughs as always.  Before we claimed our spot next to tower 24 we made a quick little pit stop at Hot Dog on A Stick.  It would not have been a complete trip to California if we didn’t stop there.  When we finally made claim on our spot we had a blast just spending time with each other.  One of the best parts of this beach trip was Jaron finding sand crabs.  He had never seen them before and he was so fascinated by them and loved watching them be taken back to the ocean. I love him so much and I love that he is so easily fascinated.  When we got home from the beach we headed over to our friend Leighs house to watch Bachelor Pad.  Before Jaron and I got married I would go over there every Monday to watch the Bachelor and it was about time to go and watch a show full of drama with some of my favorite people. 



On Tuesday I woke up to help Haylie get ready for her school.  First day of senior year! I helped her curl her hair and she looked so cute.  I cant believe how grown up she is.  I remember her being so little and now she is almost heading off to college.  After she was well on her way to school Jaron and I got up and got ready for the day. We were heading off to my favorite place in Southern California; the Ronald Reagan Library.  Jaron had no idea why I was so excited to go but his attitude about it changed very quickly.  After walking through the first few rooms of the Library Jaron was converted.  We had a blast and I was so happy we were able to go and do something educational on our vacation. When we got home from the Library we picked Haylie up from the house and headed to a Brazilian restaurant.  Since Sterling is in Brazil for his mission and Jaron served there my family has been dying to go.  It was the best Brazilian place I have ever been to and I have been to a few Brazilian restaurants.  When we got home we relaxed and hung out.  The next morning Jaron and I hit the road and headed back up to Utah.


When we got back to Utah Jaron spent the night packing and putting broad heads on his arrows for the hunt.  I didn’t realize how much preparation went into the hunt.  I was so fascinated and glad at the same time that I wasn’t going.  I married a hunter and I love him so much but I don’t think I could ever stay outside with not shower for a week.  Ill leave that to the boys.  Once he was off on the hunt I headed back up to Idaho to start Student Teaching.



1 comment:

  1. wooo!!! glad i got a shout out! i miss you best friend i wish you could back to CA more often!!

    ReplyDelete