Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Zions National Park


Our next stop was Zions National Park. We stocked our cooler with food; loaded the car and we were off. On our way down we started our book. I read the Hunger Games to Jaron while traveling on this vacation.  After four hours of driving and having some amazing conversations we finally made it. At first I thought we were driving through this nasty old ghost town but when we made it to the mountain it was the cutest little town I had ever seen. When we got there we the first thing we did was walk around for about ten minutes. After that short time period we decided there was no way we could camp, it was way too hot.  So, naturally the next thing we did was found a hotel. 



Since it was incredibly hot the first thing Jaron wanted to do was go swimming. We had not been swimming in the longest time and I gave in and decided we could take some time out of exploring to go swimming. One thing about Jaron is he is the happiest person I have ever met and just seeing him having fun made me so happy.


After swimming we headed back around the town. Jaron and I never go on evening walks together because one of us always has way too much homework.  Well we went on our first walk together in Zions and it was amazing. We were able to walk under the stars and have great conversations.

The next morning we loaded up our car and headed to the mountain. Jaron was so excited to hike the Narrows but we found out it was an eight hour hike.  We decided we didn’t have that time if we wanted to drive down to our next stop that day and have some time to rest.  So we picked a shorter trail but one with great scenery.





We had an amazing time even though it was way too hot.  We had a blast spending time together and spending time in the great outdoors.  Rightwhen we got back from our hike we treated ourselves to frozen yogurt then headed down to Vegas.  


No comments:

Post a Comment