Saturday, June 11, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

              What happens in the Clyde family when there is a three day weekend? Yup, that’s right. We pack our stuff to get the heck out of Rexburg for a few days. Don’t get me wrong I love this little town but every now and again we need a break. And that is exactly what we got. As soon as Jaron was done with class on Friday we were on the road. Well, kind of. Before we were allowed to leave we had to stop at Jarons favorite place in the entire world. Taco Bell…for a girl who grew up not eating there ever it is weird to live with someone who wants to go there ALL the time. Once he had his burritos he was satisfied and we were on our way to what we thought would be a nice warm weekend in Utah.  We thought wrong and defiantly packed the wrong clothes.
                Right when we got to Utah we decided to go on a shopping spree. Not for clothes though. We needed food! What better place to buy some chicken then Costco? Exactly, there is no place better.  So we stocked up and headed up the road to the Clyde home. When we got there we were so surprised to be the only people around. We thought we would show up and everyone would be there. Apparently we thought wrong quite a bit this trip.  Within a few hours the gang showed up and the fun began. I can honestly say the Clyde family is pretty entertaining, I guess it goes well with what Jaron says “We are the weirdest heard I have ever seen”. First off who refers to their family as a herd? Oh that’s right, my adorable husband.  When the night was over Saturday was completely planned. We were all going fish hunting. I can honestly say I had mixed feelings since I had never been fishing, everyone says it is boring, and it just didn’t seem all that fun to me. 
                Oh was I wrong.  As soon as we were ready Jaron, his dad Craig and I headed over to the new Pleasant Grove fishing pond. As soon as we arrived Colby was walking around with his dead fish, stepping on his tail and so proud of his little dead fishy.  I learned “fish hunting” is anything Colby knows more about then I do.  Just a little information on Colby, he is one of the cutest kids I have ever met but he is one intimidating kid. I always tell Jaron I need to learn about hunting, different animals, and apparently now fishing.  The only reason I need to study up on this stuff is so a three year old doesn’t know more about everything that has to do with the outdoors then a 22 year old. Let me just tell you…I have A LOT of learning to do.
Colby and his fish. Just agree with me he is so dang cute.

                 Oh yea, I forgot to tell ya’ll this post has pictures of people other than Jaron and I! I know its about time. I bet you all are sick and tired of looking at us. So the rest of our “fish hunting” trip was awesome.  Even though I wasn’t able to fish I was able to enjoy the company of loved ones. 


  Alright and let’s be honest, you are all jealous of my super attractive fisherman.




           As the morning went on the fish just kept biting, and not just for anyone. They were all going straight to Colby. Who knew a three year old would be such a dang good fisher? I sure didn’t.
Colby and Grandpa enjoying a day at the lake fish hunting.  I think the best part about this picture is the fact that Craig is wearing Colbys hat. 

         Don’t get me wrong though, my man was catching fish as well. But not only was he catching fish he caught himself a Colby.  Not on purpose of course.  Colby walked by his pole while he was doing something and he got caught. It was probably one of the cutest things I have ever seen. Not that he was hooked but the fact that he was so nervous. Oh how I love this kid.  
Yup, thats my man and his kill
Releasing his cutest catch of the day!
Of course I cant forget the mother of this cute kid.  Liv is seriously one of the best moms I have met. Her kids are so precious and fill my day will laughter. Seriously though, she is even super cute when fishing.  She is helping me become a Clyde and I’m not even joking, she knows so much about hunting and fishing and is such a great moral support. I am so glad I have her as a sister-in-law.
Seriously the cutest mom ever
  As the day went on I was able to capture one of the best relationships I have ever seen. This relationship is between Colby and his Grandpa.  Craig and Colby are seriously two peas in a pod. Colby loves him more than anything and Colby had a blast fish hunting with him. Which I understand completely. Not a day goes by when everyone isn't laughing at one of his "Craigisms". 


Overall day one of our vacation was awesome. We went fish hunting and then had a BBQ with the fish they caught.  The rest of the day included just hanging around with the family. Later Saturday night we went out shopping and guess what I got? Well, what I got is completely unexpected from me so I'll just tell you. I got an Ugly Stick. For everyone who has no clue what that is its a fishing pole.  Ya thats right I got my FIRST fishing pole and it is awesome.  You may ask why I am so excited over a fishing pole. Well why would I not be, it is black and hot pink. Coolest fishing pole I have ever seen and I am determined to catch a ton of fish with it! 
Sunday morning when church was over we loaded into the car and were off to the cemetery in Heber Utah.  The cemetery honestly looked beautiful. That might sound really strange to read but it was awesome seeing how many flowers had been placed for loved ones who have passed.  I can honestly say I had never seen a cemetery with that many flowers in my entire life. Well anyway, when we got there the family cleaned off Jasons grave and placed the flowers.  It was a neat experience and I am excited to now be apart of it for many years to come. 


Colby snuggling up with Grandpa



Jaron is so good with his nieces and nephews. He is going to be the best dad one day. 

The rest of Sunday we had a family dinner with everyone and just hung out. It was a great way to end the day and prepare for our Monday full of fun.  So Monday morning rolled around and since I now had a fishing pole we were off to the lake to go fishing again.  We got online, got me a one day pass and I was determined to catch my first fish! 
When we got there Jaron, being the best husband that he is, taught me how to cast and everything else I needed to know in order to be a pro fish hunter.  Oh and don't worry, I am almost pro. And, yes I caught my first fish. It was awesome.  However, it happened so fast. I don't even have a picture with my first victim.  I totally would but we decide to let my little fishy back into the lake to swim free.  We didn't want to take fish home since we already had meals planned for the day.  Overall it was a fun day of fishing. 


In case you didn't notice Monday was way cold! 


Jaron saving the life of a fish! 

 After fish hunting we headed back to the house for lunch.  After lunch it wad decided that we would shoot bows.  Another bit of information, I married into a family of hunters.  At first I thought it was kind of weird. Where I grew up no one every went hunting and it was basically a foreign language to me. Well it still kind of is.  So imagine my reaction when I heard we were going to shoot bows.  Liv brought her bow over and they thought I would be able to pull it back. Lets just say I am super weak. So they loosened it all the way down to 35 pounds.  I can totally lift 35 pounds in a box or a kid but give me a bow and it is impossible. So basically I am a failure at pulling a bow back. Then they brought me one of the old school bows. Long story short, I can pull it back! I can pull it back but can't aim for the life of me. We went over to shoot the bear target and it is a good thing there is a wall there. I did hit the bear three times though. Not where I was aiming of course, but I hit it.  
This weekend was exactly what Jaron and I needed.  A break from school and life in Rexburg was amazing. We were able to spend time with family and just relax the two of us.  We got to chase bunnies and catch them in the backyard, went fishing, and did hardly any homework and didn't feel bad about not doing any.  After this Memorial day weekend I can't want for out next three day weekend. Who knows where we will end up. 



1 comment:

  1. you are CUTE!! i am loving those white pants of yours. too bad you didnt come to LA for the weekend. it was warm here!!!

    ReplyDelete