Anyway, for Independence Day we packed out car and headed down to Utah. Like I said in an earlier blog we get out of here whenever we can. It was such a relaxing weekend and we basically just played.
The drive down literally wore us out. When we got to Pocatello, we were both extremely hungry so we decided to get off and get some food. Normally I would just continue driving but if any of you know Jaron you know he eats all the time. For some odd reason our pit stop added an extra forty-five minutes to our drive. Probably because Pocatello is seriously the hardest city to navigate around. There is literally nothing there, we made one wrong turn and had to get on the freeway and drive 5 minutes to find a fast food place. Seriously, worst place to live if you ask me. Don’t you fret though…We finally made it to Utah.
Friday night we didn’t do anything other than hang out with the family and catch up on some sleep. It was definitely needed since school had been so crazy. Saturday is when the real fun began. We hung out at the house all afternoon just spending time with the family and playing with Colby and Emma. Seriously the cutest kids ever. Then around four we decided to go boating. Who would have thought it would be warm enough to swim in snow runoff. I sure didn’t but it was and it felt so good.
Sunday was going to be relaxing but Craig (Jaron’s dad) got a call about a Moose on the Loose and we were invited to tag along so of course we went. We drove up to the campus of Utah State and saw a moose. This moose was tricky but they drugged it and we moved it. Before we moved it the moose when on a field trip. We took it to show Colby and Emma. Then we took it to church. Then we took it to its new home where it drank literally ten gallons of water. It was one thirsty animal.
The rest of Sunday we hung out with the family. Carrie and the kids came over and we just played outside and ate dinner. Monday was the same. We had a family BBQ and relaxed. Along with relaxing we played some volleyball. Oh and a little background on me…I am awful at volleyball. Right after that we lit of some fireworks for the kids then Jaron and I were back on our way to Idaho. Oh, and traffic from Idaho Falls to Rexburg is literally the worst thing anyone could get stuck in. I decided I am sick and tired of Idaho construction.


No comments:
Post a Comment