Sunday, April 3, 2011

Another day at work!


     Let me start off by saying my husband is a stud! The day after we had the amazing opportunity to go up to the bear den we went up to Park City, Utah with the DWR to take care of three moose.  The mommy moose had a broken ankle and was getting aggressive with the people living there. Since it was getting mean we had to relocate them. 
     Jaron and a few others tranquilized all three moose.  Once they were down we were able to take pictures with the mommy. It was awesome.  The one thing that I didn’t like about this was the ticks.  The mommy moose had more ticks than I had ever seen in my life. I have a fear of ticks in case you were wondering.  Once the mom was in the truck her two yearlings were loaded into the truck as well.  After a few minutes of them being in the truck I got to watch Jaron at work once again.  He gave the mom the reversal drug to pull her out of the paralyzed state.  Like I said my husband is a stud!
     Then trouble showed up.  One of the neighbors was really mad that we were moving the moose.  Apparently one of the reasons people move up to Park City is to have moose in their front and backyard.  Strange if you ask me.  Well once they were all loaded up in the truck we were off.  We then drove to the same canyon where we did the bear den and let the moose free. It was fun even though I was scared the moose would run me over when we let them out of the truck.  


1 comment:

  1. wooo! i loved reading all of this! your honeymoon looked AMAZING!!! i cant believe i didnt even ask you about it when i saw you this weekend. i wish i was as hot as you. love you girl

    ReplyDelete